Foundations of Western Herbal Medicine | Section 1
This course both honors and interweaves the long-evolving healing traditions of Native American medicine and European-based herbal medicine.Watch Promo
A diverse and comprehensive set of theory and skills to help better understand humans and herbs. Cultivating tools, awareness skills, theoretical and hands-on learning, and different lenses for understanding, integrating, balancing and healing ourselves, and in so doing, building a solid foundation upon which to help others to do the same.
The goal of the course is to provide a solid foundation upon which to build a strong herbal practice, and includes diverse and effective tools for self-investigation and empowerment in order to grow as authentic human beings, as this is where healing wisdom begins.
A therapeutic herbalist since 1993, Chris draws upon his skills, experience and studies in Chinese, Native American, and Western herbal health traditions to offer Wellness Consultations for a wide range of health issues.
Here are more pieces of Chris’ training and experience:
- Graduate of Herbal Therapeutics School of Botanic Medicine
- MA degrees in Science Education from Columbia Teachers College
- BS degree in Pre-Medicine and Chinese Philosophy from Columbia University
- Founder of Clearpath Herbals, offering Wellness consultations and high-quality herbal preparations
- 35 Years of study , teaching, and published writing of Chinese Buddhism, Meditation, and Philosophy
- 25 Years study and practice of Cherokee and Annishnabe Medicine traditions
- Founder of Clearpath School of Herbal Medicine, dedicated to the teaching of Herbal Medicine, Earth-based wisdom and sustainability.
- Teacher of herbalism at the University of Massachusetts Amherst.
- Registered Herbalist with the American Herbalist Guild (AHG)
StartCourse introduction audio
PreviewSEC1 MOD1 : Holism Vs. Allopathy (7:13)
StartSEC1 MOD2 : Vitalism
PreviewSEC1 MOD3 : Qualities of an Herbalist (10:36)
StartSEC1 MOD4 : Self and Sensory Awareness (9:21)
StartSEC 2 MOD1: Western Overview and History (12:09)
PreviewSEC 2 MOD2 : Native American Healing Traditions (7:55)
StartSEC 2 MOD 3: Native American Medicines (12:56)
StartSEC 2 MOD 4 : Modern Western Herbal Medicine (7:14)
StartSEC 2 MOD 5: Elements, Humors and Temperaments (10:45)
StartSEC 2 MOD6: Six Tissue States (8:04)
StartSEC2 MOD7: Herbs & Nutrition (11:08)
StartSEC2 MOD8: Materia Medica